The key to any successful divorce proceeding is having confidence that your family lawyer is prepared, knowledgeable and working hard for you at every stage.
Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Mississauga are all governed by Ontario’s divorce laws. Our firm is extremely knowledgeable when handling divorce and uncontested divorce cases, and can show you exactly what you’re legally entitled to in your settlement.
You will have lots of questions and concerns, such as:
- Who will have custody of the child or children?
- What type of custody will it be?
- How will we decide the terms and conditions for visiting the children?
- Am I entitled to spousal support? How much?
- How will the division of property and assets be handled?
Some cases are very quick and straightforward, while others are more complex. There are a number of factors that contribute to the length and nature of negotiations, such as:
- The relationship between both parties
- The terms of the actual separation
- A history of violence or abuse in the relationship
- The number of children, and each parties desire for custody
- The number of assets to be divided, and what each party assumes they’re entitled to
In any case, getting a family lawyer involved early is always a smart move. The process can be emotionally charged, with both parties having conflicting views of what is acceptable and what they deserve. Working with a reputable law firm from the start can ensure that you know exactly what you are entitled to. More importantly, it ensures that you get it.
The first step is sitting down with us to discuss your situation. From there, we can map out a detailed plan to determine what your rights and obligations may be.
If you need a divorce lawyer and want to talk about your case and your options, don’t hesitate to contact any of our offices in Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Mississauga.