Child Support Law
Ontario’s child support laws are subject to much misinformation. Unfortunately, without consulting a professional, you may be misled in regard to exactly what you should expect.
Our family law clients in Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Mississauga trust us because we’re highly skilled in child support. We provide the best in family law guidance and advice, ensuring that your child receives exactly what they’re legally entitled to. We have a proven history of helping parents set out amicable child support agreements during a divorce or separation. We can also assist clients who feel their former spouse is not living up to their end of an existing agreement.
Child support can often be an emotionally charged topic, as each parent can have wildly differing views of what is fair and acceptable. Our family law firm can help you reach a settlement guaranteeing that your children are looked after financially.
There is a set formula to figure out how much the payor is required to provide. However, exceptions can be made to account for “special” costs such as:
- Childcare expenses
- Tuition for private school
- Fees and equipment for sports like hockey or other extracurricular activities
- Medical or dental expenses
Our Clients Come To Us With Child Support Questions, Such As:
- What if my former spouse is earning more money now than when the child support order was made?
- Does child support match payments to inflation and the increasing cost of living?
- Do I still have to pay support if my spouse is denying me access to see my children?
- Do I still have to pay child support while I’m out of work or unemployed?
- Do I still have to pay child support if my former spouse remarries?
If you need a family lawyer and want to talk about your child support options, don’t hesitate to contact any of our offices in Halton Region and surrounding areas.